Re: GPL violation by CorAccess?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 18:40:45 EST

Richard B. Johnson wrote:

No. Accompany it with a written offer to __provide__ the source
code for any GPL stuff they used (like the kernel or drivers).
Anything at the application-level is NOT covered by the GPL.
They do not have to give away their trade-secrets.

GPL'd applications would still be covered by the GPL, no?

If I buy their product, I should be able to ask them for the source to all GPL'd entities that are present in the system, including the kernel, drivers, and all GPL'd userspace apps.

Any *new* apps that they wrote they would of course be free to keep private.