Re: Regarding posted scsi midlyaer patchsets

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 07:36:36 EST

#2 is the best, imho. We really want to maintain ordering on requeue
always, marking it softbarrier automatically in the block layer means
the io schedulers don't have to do anything specific to handle it.

I have no problem with removing the requeue stuff from
blk_insert_request(). That function is horribly weird as it is, it is
supposed to look generic but is really just a scsi special case.

--
Jens Axboe