question : is the init process of kernel running in kernel spaceor user space?

From: Tomko
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 20:38:02 EST

Hi all,

In the linux system , kernel is often starting up like this :

bootloader -> start_32() -> start_kernel() -> init()

i would like to ask what is the piority level in this starting procedure ? 0 or 3 ? that means, this start up process are running in kernel space or user space ? or the level is keep changing ?
If it is in kernel space from the very beginning , at which point the system is switched into user space ? is it at the time when kernel open the shell ?

I am new to linux, hope someone can help me here.

Regards,
TOM