Re: DVD writer and IDE support (solved)...

From: aeriksson
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 13:28:18 EST

All,
jeremy.muise@xxxxxxxxx said:
>> Thanks for that info! I'm starting to suspect media too. I'll try to
>> wreste that firmware upgrade into it. Which firmware version are you
>> using?
>
> I've got version R1.07 of the firmware.

Through a very painful procedure I got w98 installed and bumped my
firmware revision. The filename of the installation binary was
duw1608_r108.exe suggesting R1.08 but the windows screen mentioned
that the bumping was from 060 to 080 or thereabouts...

At any rate, now everything seems to work as it should, using the
ide-cd driver. That you all for the help!

Cheers,
/Anders