Re: [SATA] status reports updated

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 21:39:21 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

My Linux SATA software/hardware status reports have just been updated. To see where libata (SATA) support stands for a particular piece of hardware, or a particular feature, go to

http://linux.yyz.us/sata/

What's the timeline on getting sata-promise's PATA support into mainline? I've been 2.6.11-gentoo-r2, which includes this feature, for weeks now, and it's been perfectly stable (including md's RAID5) using the PATA port. It would be nice to be able to run my system with a mainline kernel.

The broken-out patch that Gentoo is using is here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/gentoo-dev-sources/release-11.01/dist/4320_promise-pdc2037x.patch

Thanks,
Andy