intercepting syscalls

From: Igor Shmukler
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 13:05:54 EST

Hello,
We are working on a LKM for the 2.6 kernel.
We HAVE to intercept system calls. I understand this could be
something developers are no encouraged to do these days, but we need
this.
Patching kernel to export sys_call_table is not an option. The fast
and dirty way to do this would be by using System.map, but I would
rather we find a cleaner approach.
I did some research on google and I know this issue has been raised
before, but unfortunately I could not find a coherent answer.
Does anyone know of any tutorial or open source code where I could
look at how this is done? I think that IDT should give me the entry
point, but where do I get system call table address?
Thank you in advance,
Igor