Re: MD / RAID5: Memory leak?

From: bert hubert
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 05:17:00 EST

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:00:39AM +0200, Eduard de Boer wrote:
> I use rsync to copy a bunch of files (several GB's) to the designated
> filesystems. But after a while, all file systems get corrupted and
> 'dmesg' lists all kinds of memory corruptions in 'dm' and so on.
> Hence, the file copying stops.

That doesn't sound like a memory leak per se. Can you watch the contents of
/proc/slabinfo ? Or perhaps compare before/after a copy and check if one of
the entries has grown huge.

Also, if you are able, can you let the machine run memtest86 for a night?

Do you see activity of the OOM-killer?

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services