Re: poor SATA performance under 2.6.11 (with < 2.6.11 is OK)?

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 02:26:46 EST

Chris Wright wrote:
* Tomasz Chmielewski (mangoo@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

or should I wait for 2.6.11.7 (?), where it should be corrected?

well, indeed, a week ago or more :)

Wait, no longer, 2.6.11.7 has been here already ;-) However, nothing in
this area was touched. If there's an outstanding issue, please chase it
down, and if it's reasonable regression fix we can consider it for
the -stable tree.

OK so Tomasz Torch suggested that my drive was blacklisted somewhere after 2.6.8.1 (it's the last kernel on which I have good performance).

Does drive blacklisting = very poor performance?
And no drive blacklisting = good performance, and possibly data corruption?

Tomek