Re: spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 15:48:47 EST

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 13:11 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> I get this message occasionally on both my machines. I googled and saw
> some references to this message on 2.4 but nothing for 2.6. Some of the
> references were to APIC, which I don't have enabled.
>
> Both machines are using VIA chipsets and display the "VIA IRQ fixup"
> message on boot. I think this behavior started about the same time that
> message started to appear.

The VIA IRQ fixup in 2.6.11 is broken. It works for some, but
not all boxes with VIA hardware.

There's a fix in 2.6.12-rc2-mm3. Actually, I doubt that it will
help you, though -- the 2.6.11 breakage is such that some machines
that need the fixup don't get it (and don't print the "VIA IRQ
fixup message").