pcmcia/cardbus issue

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 23:02:11 EST

Hi !

I'm occasionally getting "pcmcia: voltage interrogation timed out" error
when inserting a cardbus card on TI1510 based laptops here. I haven't
yet reproduced on other models. This happens with 2.6.12-rc2. The card
isn't detected right after insertion, then about 10 seconds later, it is
detected and this message appears in dmesg. It doesn't seem to be 100%
reproduceable but I'm not entirely sure at the moment.

When this happens, removing the card results in a "DANGER" message about
not beeing able to remove power from the port.

I didn't reproduce on a TI1410 based machine.

Any clue ?

Ben.