Re: CDR read problems with 2.6.11?

From: Bernd Schubert
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 19:11:06 EST

[...]
> root@galactus:~[1009]# mount /mnt/cdrom
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
> missing codepage or other error
> In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
> dmesg | tail or so

[...]

> The drive is a NEC DVD+RW ND-5100A
>
> Any suggestions on why I can't read (or burn correctly) the disks with 2.6.11?

I have seen exactly the same on my fathers computer and could solve this
by not starting the udftools. Didn't have the time to digg further into
this...
Can you confirm thats really a udf problem? Just run
"/etc/init.d/udftools stop" or the similar for your distribution and try
mounting again.

Cheers,
Bernd