Re: [RFC] FUSE permission modell (Was: fuse review bits)

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 11:51:09 EST

> Look up the rather large linux-kernel & linux-fsdevel thread "silent
> semantic changes with reiser4" and it's followup threads, from last
> year.

Wow, it's 700+ messages. I got through the first 40, and already feel
dizzy :)

> It's already been tried. You will also find sensible ideas on what
> semantics it should have to do it properly.

OK, I understand the "slash -> directory, no-slash -> regular file"
semantics.

How do you envision implementing this for "mount directory over file"?

A new mount flag indicating that it's only to be followed down if
there's a slash after the mountpoint?

Thanks,
Miklos