Re: Exploit in 2.6 kernels

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 08:25:45 EST

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:06:46PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2005-04-13T08:59:21, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It is becoming harder and harder to find supported cards it seems.
> > Finding a card with decent 2D drivers for X can still be done, but 3D is
> > just not really an option it seems. Even 2D seems to be a problem on
> > many cards if you don't use a binary only driver.
>
> You are confusing the cause with the symptom.

Graphics card companies don't realize they are hardware companies not
software companies and that it is hardware they make their money from?
Oh and they have too many lawyers?

It seems to me that 2D graphics are a done deal, with no new inovation
taking place. Releasing programing specs for that part should be a no
brainer. If the nifty 3D routines are so important to keep secret from
the other guys then well keep those. Release the 2D programing specs!

Len Sorensen