RE: Digi Neo 8: linux-2.6.12_r2 jsm driver

From: Kilau, Scott
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 15:53:28 EST

Hi Greg, all,

> Ok, but wasn't it possible to get those additional things added to the
> main kernel serial core, which would then provide everything that
Digi's
> customers are accustomed to?

Yes, it is my intention in the future to add support for the needed
information,
probably at the /sys level.
The key is to be able to get at the tty information without
having to open up the tty/port.

Again, I understand why you required the changes in JSM,
IBM didn't need DPA support, so I had no problem with removing the
support.

However, neither IBM nor Digi wants this thread's patch to be applied,
and yet Christoph wants to do it, completely out of spite, to break our
out-of-tree open source driver.

This is the problem that I have.

Scott