Re: New SCM and commit list

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 00:55:31 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
If yes, then I would appreciate if you could either keep the same list,
or if you want to change the list name, keep the subscriber list so
those of us who actually archive it don't miss anything ;)

I didn't even set up the list. I think it's Bottomley. I'm cc'ing him just so that he sees the message, but I don't actually expect him to do anything about it. I'm not even ready to start _testing_ real merges yet.

When you think kernel.org and BitKeeper, think either me or David Woodhouse. :)

DaveM / Matti(?) manage the lists (postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), but largely just create them on request from others, and make sure they continue to work.

But I hope that I can get non-conflicting merges done fairly soon, and maybe I can con James or Jeff or somebody to try out GIT then...

I don't mind being a guinea pig as long as someone else does the hard work of finding a new way to merge :)

Jeff