Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Barry K. Nathan
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 23:32:28 EST

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 01:00:53AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > No, XFS is my root filesystem. :( (Now that I think about it, would
> > modularizing XFS and using an initrd be OK?)
>
> Yes, loading xfs from initrd should help. [At least it did during
> suse9.3 testing.]

Once I modularized xfs and switched to using an initrd, the problem
disappeared.

I just noticed a difference between the kernel messages with XFS
built-in and with it modularized. I'm having trouble putting my finger
on it; it seems like the screen gets cleared at some point during
resume, and with XFS built-in, it starts reading the data from swap
*after* the screen gets cleared. In contrast, if the enable-initrd patch
is removed or XFS is modularized, it reads in from swap *before* the
screen gets cleared. Or something like that.

I'll see if I can get anything more detailed & useful with a serial
console... Failing that, I'll try a camcorder or digital camera and
transcribe from that.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn@xxxxxxxxx>