increasing scsi_max_sg / max_segments for scsi writes/reads

From: sai narasimhamurthy
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 21:36:57 EST

Hi,
I had posted a question on increasing the scsi
read/write sectors per command. I figured out some of
the things, but many questions still exist.

I was wondering why the maximum writes I could get
from a single scsi write command could never exceed
204
4096B segments . I traced it to :

static const int scsi_max_sg = PAGE_SIZE /
sizeof(struct scatterlist)

in scsi_merge.c .(which amounts to 204)

Is this the limit of the maximum blocks we can
read/write through a single scsi command, atleast for
the given kernel (2.4.29) ? How can I increase
it??????

I am on a P3 Dell poweredgde 2400 .

Sai