Re: Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: Phillip Lougher
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 20:02:30 EST

On Apr 9, 2005 3:53 AM, Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxx> wrote:

> FWIW, I made few small fixes (to prevent some trivial usage errors to
> cause cache corruption) and added scripts gitcommit.sh, gitadd.sh and
> gitlog.sh - heavily inspired by what already went through the mailing
> list. Everything is available at http://pasky.or.cz/~pasky/dev/git/
> (including .dircache, even though it isn't shown in the index), the
> cumulative patch can be found below. The scripts aim to provide some
> (obviously very interim) more high-level interface for git.

I did a bit of playing about with the changelog generate script,
trying to produce a faster version. The attached version uses a
couple of improvements to be a lot faster (e.g. no recursion in the
common case of one parent).

FWIW it is 7x faster than makechlog.sh (4.342 secs vs 34.129 secs) and
28x faster than gitlog.sh (4.342 secs vs 2 mins 4 secs) on my
hardware. You mileage may of course vary.

Regards

Phillip

--------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh