Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 20:17:22 EST

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 03:00:44AM +0200, Marcin Dalecki wrote:

> Yes it sucks less for this purpose. See subversion as reference.

Whatever solution people come up with, ideally it should be tolerant
to minor amounts of corruption (so I can recover the rest of my data
if need be) and it should also have decent sanity checks to find
corruption as soon as reasonable possible.

I've been bitten by problems that subversion didn't catch but bk did.
In the subversion case by the time I noticed much data was lost and
none of the subversion tools were able to recover the rest of it.

In the bk case, the data-loss was almost immediately noticeable and
only affected a few files making recovery much easier.