HELP: PC104 IO card driver Problem

From: nobin matthew
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 00:38:28 EST

Dear Friends,

Can anybody Help me in this Pc104 driver Problem;
What is the basics steps in doing read and write on
Pc104 cards.

Deatails Given Below:
I am writing a Linux device driver for
Diamond systems
IR104 digital IO card. This is a PC104 bus device(that
means it ISA
bus compatible).
The Platform is Arcom Viper borad(with support for
PC104), This is a
Xscale, Little endian Platform.

The Specification of PC104 interface given in Viper
borad manual is:
0x3C000000-0x3CFFFFFF PC/104 memory space(16MB)
0x30000000-0x300003FF PC/104 IO space(1KB)

Specification given in IR104 manual is:
I made the jumber setting so that, the IO space
addresses taken by 8
registers will be 0x300-0x307

The driver should do read and write on this
registers(character device
driver).

I took two approaches one is:
i added IO space and 0x300, did inb() and oub().(IO
space base address
and 0x300)
otherway i did ioremap on added result, did inb() and
oub().

In the second method:
I did same procedures using IO memory space

both methods are giving errors, i think that is
related to paging. i think
there is a need for disabling paging in this space.

Please help regarding this. How to solve this.

Nobin Mathew