Re: [patch 0/8] CKRM: Core patch set

From: Gerrit Huizenga
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 12:28:20 EST

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:53:19 PST, Dave Hansen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 23:03 -0800, Gerrit Huizenga wrote:
> > The code provides a fairly simple mechanism for adding controllers for
> > any resource type
>
> Last time I saw the memory controller, it was 3000 lines. Doesn't seem
> too simple to me. :)

Chandra, Dave's suggestions for the memory controller makes a lot of
sense. Can you post the current code, ported to the patch set that
I just posted, to linux-mm for comment?

> Can you post some of the additional controllers that you've been working
> on to the appropriate mailing lists, like linux-mm? If the subject
> experts get a good look at the controllers, it's quite possible that
> some comments will cascade back to the core, don't you think?

You can access the various current controllers via the ckrm-tech
archives from sf.net/projects/ckrm today.

However, if there are additional changes to the core, I'd like to
see them as patches built on top of this core set. Resending the
modified core each time makes it hard for people to see what has
changed from release to release, where individual patches will help
track modifications better.

gerrit