Re: [patch 1/2] fork_connector: add a fork connector

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 01:39:10 EST

Guillaume wrote:
> When I wrote "several user space applications" it was just to say that
> this fork connector is not designed only for ELSA and fork information
> is available to every listeners.

So I suppose if fork_connector were not used to collect <parent pid,
child pid> information for accounting, then someone would have to make
the case that there were enough other uses, of sufficient value, to add
fork_connector. We have to be a bit careful, in the kernel, to avoid
adding mechanisms until we have the immediate use in hand. If we don't
do this, then the kernel ends up looking like the Gargoyles on a
Renaissance church - burdened with overly ornate features serving no
earthly purpose.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability