Re: Mac mini sound woes

From: Marcin Dalecki
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 20:49:09 EST

On 2005-03-29, at 12:22, Takashi Iwai wrote:

ALSA provides the "driver" feature in user-space because it's more
flexible, more efficient and safer than doing in kernel. It's
transparent from apps perspective. It really doesn't matter whether
it's in kernel or user space.

Yes because it's that wonder full linux sound processing sucks in compare
to the other OSs out there doing it in kernel.

I think your misunderstanding is that you beliieve user-space can't do
RT. It's wrong. See JACK (jackit.sf.net), for example.

I know JACK in and out. It doesn't provide what you claim.