Re: [patch 1/2] fork_connector: add a fork connector

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 17:08:12 EST

Jay wrote:
> The fork_connector is not designed to solve accounting data collection
> problem.

I don't think I ever said it was designed for that purpose.

Indeed, I will confess to not yet knowing the 'real' purpose of its
design.

> It was never the fork_connector's
> intention to piggy back the data to the accounting file.

I am sure that was not its intention, and I can't imagine I would ever
have said it was.

> CSA needs a similar hook off do_exit() to
> collect more accounting data and write to disk in different
> accounting records format.

Aha - as I suspected - there will be more data to collect, in addition
to both the classic bsd accounting records at exit, and the <parent pid,
child pid> at fork.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability