Re: Clock 3x too fast on AMD64 laptop [WAS Re: Various issuesafter rebooting]

From: Olivier Fourdan
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 17:03:07 EST

Hi,

A quick look at the source shows that the error is triggered in
arch/i386/kernel/timers/timer_pm.c by the verify_pmtr_rate() function.

My guess is that the pmtmr timer is right and the pit is wrong in my
case. That would explain why the clock is wrong when being based on pit
(like when forced with "clock=pit")

Maybe, if I can prove my guesses, a fix could be to "trust" the pmtmr
clock when the user has passed a "clock=pmtmr" argument ? Does that make
any sense ?

TIA
Olivier.