Re: sched_setscheduler() and usage issues ....please help

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 23:42:07 EST

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 08:58 +0530, Arun Srinivas wrote:
> I am trying to set the SCHED_FIFO policy for my process.I am using
> sched_setscheduler() function to do this.

Attached is a little program that I use to set the priority of tasks.

-- Steve
/* Copyright (C) 2004 Kihon Technologies Inc.

This utilities is free software, you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

These utilities are distributed in the hope that they will be useful,
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
Lesser General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
License along with the GNU C Library; if not, write to the Free
Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
02111-1307 USA. */
/*
* Author: Steven Rostedt
*/
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <sched.h>
#include <strutils.h>
#include <errno.h>

void usage (char **argv)
{
char *arg = argv[0];
char *p = arg + strlen(arg);
while (p >= arg && *p != '/') p--;
p++;
fprintf(stderr,"usage: %s pid policy priority\n"
"\n\twhere policy is SCHED_RR, SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_OTHER\n"
"\n", p);
exit(-1);
}

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
pid_t pid;
int policy;
struct sched_param p;
char *strpolicy;

if (argc != 4)
usage(argv);

strpolicy = argv[2];
pid = atoi(argv[1]);
p.sched_priority = atoi(argv[3]);

if (strcmp(strpolicy,"SCHED_RR")==0) {
policy = SCHED_RR;
} else if (strcmp(strpolicy,"SCHED_FIFO") == 0) {
policy = SCHED_FIFO;
} else if (strcmp(strpolicy,"SCHED_OTHER") == 0) {
policy = SCHED_OTHER;
} else {
fprintf(stderr,"\nunknown policy %s",strpolicy);
usage(argv);
}

if (sched_setscheduler(pid,policy,&p)) {
perror("sched_setscheduler");
exit(errno);
}
exit(0);