RE: Can't use SYSFS for "Proprietry" driver modules !!!.

From: David Schwartz
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 20:56:09 EST

> The GPL is a distribution license, it doesn't really matter what you do
> *internally* with GPL code. It might be a DMCA violation in the USSA but
> thats because the law is broken.

You can't violate the DMCA on a GPL'd work. At least, if there's a way to
do, I couldn't find it. See some of the previous posts on this list about
whether the DMCA meant you couldn't remove the GPL tag on exported symbols.
The GPL explicitly permits you to modify the code as you wish, and this
includes removing any restriction or enforcement type code.

DS