Re: [RFC 2.6.11.2 1/1] Add reboot fixup for gx1/cs5530a

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 12:27:48 EST

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 jayalk@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Riley, Dave, Peter, i386 boot/workaround maintainers,
>
> +config X86_REBOOTFIXUPS
> + bool "Enable X86 Board Specific Fixups for Reboot"
> + depends on X86
> + default n
> + ---help---
> + This enables chipset and/or board specific fixups to be done
> + in order to get reboot to work correctly. This is only needed on
> + some combinations of hardware and BIOS. The symptom, for which
> + this config is intended, is when reboot ends with a stalled/hung
> + system.
> +
> + Currently, the only fixup is for the Geode GX1/CS5530A/TROM2.1.
> + combination.
> +
> + Say Y if you want to enable the fixup.
> + Say N otherwise.
> +

I'd think it would be nice if the help text had a note telling the user if
it's safe to always enable this or not, even if it's not needed. Something
along the lines of "It's safe to always enable this config option even if
you don't need it." or "This option should only be enabled if needed as it
may cause problems otherwise." - whatever applies...

--
Jesper