Re: Can't use SYSFS for "Proprietry" driver modules !!!.

From: Diego Calleja
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 16:24:05 EST

El Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:16:54 -0800,
Aaron Gyes <floam@xxxxx> escribió:

> company that made the device? Should NVIDIA be forced to give up their
> secrets to all their competitors because some over zealous developers
> say so? Should the end-users of the current drivers be forced to lose

Is not just about zealotism, propietary drivers have to deal with locking, multiple
architectures and so on, and often they're not very good at that.

Note that this is not a problem only with linux, Windows is suffering the same
every day. Here: http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/03/05/84469.aspx
is a good example of how *scary* can be. This is what happens in a OS where a
certification process is needed. I don't want to know what are they doing in linux,
where such certification doesn't exist.....