Re: Can't use SYSFS for "Proprietry" driver modules !!!.

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 12:54:39 EST

> This email is Copyright (C) 2005 Kyle Moffett.
>
> The remainder of this email is available under the GNU General Public
> License, version 2. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt for
> details.
> THE BELOW MAY NOT BE USED IN A BINARY DRIVER, SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT
> IT!
> </flame>
>
> Ok, so what if the _driver_ provides an API like this:
>
> int start_driver(void);
> int stop_driver(void);
> void register_alloc(void *(*alloc)(unsigned long));
> void register_free(void (*free)(void *));
> [... more register functions here, generic functionality ...]

#GPL this e-mail my first C program,..
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
}

damn every C program is a derived work.. it just means you need to get
a better lawyer... more than likely American courts will be involved..
I suggest the Chewbacca defence[1] will work if you can pay enough
money....

Dave.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defence