Re: swsusp 'disk' fails in bk-current - intel_agp at fault?

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 09:59:52 EST

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:54:39 -0800, Andy Isaacson <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:10:39PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > If you do "ls /sys/bus/serio/devices" and see more than 3 ports you
> > have MUX mode active.
>
> Just serio0 and serio1.
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 04:14:52PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:20:40 -0800, Andy Isaacson <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > (How can I verify that "nomux" was accepted? It shows up on the "Kernel
> > > command line" but there's no other mention of it in dmesg.)
> >
> > Ignore my babbling, I just noticed in your dmesg that your KBC does
> > not support MUX mode to begin with.
>
> OK, anything else I should try?
>
> Why does it only fail when I have *both* intel_agp and i8042 aux?
>
> In the SysRq-T trace I see one interesting process: most things are
> in D state in refrigerator(), but sh shows the following traceback:
>
> wait_for_completion
> call_usermodehelper
> kobject_hotplug
> kobject_del
> class_device_del
> class_device_unregister
> mousedev_disconnect
> input_unregister_device
> alps_disconnect
> psmouse_disconnect
> serio_driver_remove
> device_release_driver
> serio_release_driver
> serio_resume

I wonder why ALPS reconnect failed. You don't have a serial console
set up, do you? If not then maybe you could make a huge framebuffer to
capture as much info as you can... I hope you have a digital camera ;)

Then do "echo 1 > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug" and try to
suspend. I am interested of data coming in and out of i8042.

--
Dmitry