Re: drm bugs hopefully fixed but there might still be one..

From: cliff white
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 17:00:40 EST

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:33:02 +0000 (GMT)
Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Andrew, Dave,
>
> I've put a couple of patches into my drm-2.6 tree that hopefully fix up
> the multi-bridge on i915 and the XFree86 4.3 issue.. Andrew can you drop
> the two patches in your tree.. the one from Brice and the one I attached
> to the bug? you'll get conflicts anyway I'm sure. I had to modify Brices
> one as it didn't look safe to me in all cases..
>
> I think their might be one left, but I think it only seems to be on
> non-intel AGP system, as in my system works fine for a combination of
> cards and X releases ... anyone with a VIA chipset and Radeon graphics
> card or r128 card.. testing the next -mm would help me a lot..

Okay, i have a iBook G4, with radeon, with 2.6.12-rc1-mm2, i'm getting the following OOPS
on boot. I'm hand-copying this stuff, please let me know if you need any more info, .config, etc
------------[drm] Initalized drm 1.0.0 20040925
floating point used in kernel (task=effc1770, pc=c03bd040)
Oops: kernel access of nad area, sig:11 [#1]
PREEMPT
NIP: C03BD040 LR: C01, cliffw80540 SP:
TASK = effc1770[1] 'swapper' THREAD: effc2000

LRL [c0180540] drm_agp_init+0x48/0xdc
Call trace:
[c017e74c] drm_fill_in_dev+0xdc/0x180
[c017eb44] drm_get_dev+0x78
[c...] radeon_init
[c...] do_initcalls
[c..] init
[c..] kernel_thread
cliffw

> Dave.
>
> --
> David Airlie, Software Engineer
> http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
> Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG
>
> -

"Ive always gone through periods where I bolt upright at four in the morning;
now at least theres a reason." -Michael Feldman