Re: swsusp 'disk' fails in bk-current - intel_agp at fault?

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 15:43:23 EST

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:27:15PM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

> Sysrq still prints stuff, so IRQs aren't locked. But most of the sysrq
> commands don't work... S and U don't seem to do anything (not too
> suprising I suppose) but B does reboot.

sysrq-t will probably show a stuck kseriod. Unfortunately it only
happens on one machine for me (toshiba P10-550 IIRC, P4HT but with
non-smp kernel) which has no serial port for console.

>> If sysrq is still working, please try with "i8042.noaux" (this will kill
>> your touchpad, which is what i intend :-)
>
> So I added i8042.noaux to my kernel command line, rebooted, insmodded
> intel_agp, started X, and verified no touchpad action. Then I
> suspended, and it worked fine. After restart, I suspended again - also
> fine.
>
> So I think that fixed it. But no touchpad is a bit annoying. :)

Yes, it was not thought as a fix but just for verification, since i have
seen something similar.
We have a SUSE bug for this, i believe Vojtech and Pavel will take care
of this one. Thanks for confirming, i almost started to believe i was
seeing ghosts :-)
--
seife
Never trust a computer you can't lift.