Re: [BUG] Lockup using ALi SATA controller (sata_uli)

From: Markus Dahms
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 12:03:47 EST

Hello Andrew Morton,

>> I have a reproducable lockup of my system using an ALi SATA controller
>> and writing some 100 MB to the attached disk.
>> Do you have some hints?
> As a test you might like to try an uniprocessor kernel - we do have a
> deadlock on the sata error recovery paths at present.

The UP kernel didn't change anything, same error on console. In addition
this kernel crashes every second time or so immediately after boot
(some pci stuff in backtrace), I'll try catch some error messages....

> Or ensure that you've enabled the io-apci in Kconfig and boot with
> nmi_watchdog=1.

Except the line "testing NMI watchdog ... OK." in the boot messages
I don't see any difference. :-(

thanks anyway,

Markus

--
A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...