Re: PCI interrupt problem: e1000 & Super-Micro X6DVA motherboard

From: Ben Greear
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 03:19:44 EST

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:03:30PM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:

I have two 4-port e1000 NICs in the system, on a riser card.

How is the riser card wired? F.e. does it have a single edge
connector, and provides two PCI slots, or does it have a tiny
additional edge connector that routes REQ#/GNT#/INTx from a
nearby PCI slot, etc.?

It has an edge connector, a full 64-bit ribbon connector, and
a 32-bit ribon connector. As far as I can tell, there are no
shared signals.

It is made by Adex electronics, and is part number: P/NPCITX3S1 884-335-185

I tried two different systems, and the problem is identical, so I believe
it is not a hardware manufacturing glitch. It may be a hardware design
issue in either the riser or the motherboard. Or a BIOS PCI irq mapping
problem...

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>