Re: wireless 2.6 work

From: Vladimir Kondratiev
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 17:11:52 EST

I did posted once; it was long time ago. I am sure I sent it to Dave. I can
resend if needed. Basically, I made Dave's stack work on 2.6 kernels; did
some changes toward QoS and provided simple utility to imitate low level
driver. I was concentrated on interfaces, it is still just skeleton.

I did not touched this work since then. I used to do stuff very close to
802.11 stack. Now I am very busy with some different work.
I can however consult on any 802.11 standard issues, QoS in particular.

Maybe, it is good idea to talk to James Ketrenos as well. Last time I saw him
doing good work on .11 stack.

Vladimir

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 04:15, Jeff Garzik wrote:
JG> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
JG> > Jeff,
JG> >
JG> > I'm sick off the low activity and slow support on wireless we have. I
JG> > know you're busy so I wanted to offer my help in helping around work on
JG> > wireless-2.6, now that I have time after work, and before I commit
JG> > myself to anything else. It's a bit suicidal, but oh well. Oh yeah and
JG> > I'll also start using bitkeeper due to the recent clarifications on the
JG> > license of its usage.
JG>
JG> Great! While I think BitKeeper is useful, you are more than welcome to
JG> continue sending patches.
JG>
JG> To wireless developers, BitKeeper will mainly be of use in sync'ing with
JG> the latest wireless-2.6 tree.
JG>
JG>
JG> > I'll willing to review as much patches as I have to and also hopefully
JG> > write documentation on writing new wireless drivers. That said, if I
can JG> > be of any assistance, where what you like me to start on?

JG> > Here's what's on my agenda so far:
JG> >
JG> > * Help cleanup new ralink driver, start using ieee802211 and get into
wireless-2.6. JG> > * Push prism54's new WPA and WDS support into
wireless-2.6
pointed out JG> > by Dan Williams <dcbw@xxxxxxxxxx>