Re: unable to handle paging request in worker_thread on apm resume

From: J. Bruce Fields
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 11:09:10 EST

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:33:44AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Seems that there's a `struct work_struct' which is still registered but its
> memory has been freed. It's likely that CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC caught this.
>
> Either that, or some module got unloaded without flushing its workqueue.
>
> Are you using any modules which do schedule_work()?

No.

> Have you added any code which does schedule_work()?

Hm, I don't think so. But of course I have some nfsv4 patches, and the
nfsv4 nfsd code does use schedule_delayed_work(). It's possible the
cleanup is wrong, and that bringing nfsd up and down could get nfsv4
into some bad state. I'll take a look. Would that explain this?

I'm not claiming this is a recent regression, by the way; apm resume has
always had intermittent problems on this laptop. It's only recently
that I've actually tried to pay attention to those problems. (Bad me!)

--b.