Problem report. USB MP3 Player no longer work with kernel > 2.6.8

From: steve
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 05:28:28 EST

Hi,

I have a mp3 player Digital MP3/WMA PLAYER using USB1. With kernel 2.6.9 when plug the device ; the kernel recognize the device
dmesg show:

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 3

But loading usb-storage ; it did not see the device
dmesg shows:

SCSI subsystem initialized
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.

of course nothing happend if I mount /dev/sda1 or /dev/sda etc..;

With kernel 2.6.8 or 2.4.XX it works properly. Last time I tried with 2.6.10 and even 2.6.11, it did not work, but the error message is different.

I am willing to help to debug the problem if asked.

Kind regards,

Steve Kieu
PerfectPC Ltd. Technical Division.
Web: http://www.perfectpc.co.nz/