Re: Invalidating dentries

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 19:14:14 EST

linux-os wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

Hello list,

how can I invalidate all buffered/cached dentries so that ls -l /somefolder
will definitely go read the harddisk?

fsync() on the file(s) in the directory then fsync() on the directory
itself. For this, one can open the directory as though it was
just a file, you don't need opendir().

I don't think this is what they want, it sounds like they want to effectively clear the read cache for the file system. I'm not sure there's an easy way to do that other than maybe umounting and mounting the file system again..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx