Re: mmap/munmap bug

From: Hayim Shaul
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 04:45:37 EST

What I thought of doing, is map the skbuff to user-space. Have the
user-application alter the headers. Send the (same) skbuff from
kernel-space.

Does there exist anything equivalent?

yes; netfilter has facilities for this actually afaik.
tcpdump also uses something like this (but only in one direction), it
mmaps some ringbuffer with incomming packets.

Are you refering to NF_QUEUE + libipq ?
I was under the impression that it does involve memcpy.

Also, I think that with this you cannot change routing decisions made on the packet, although, I'm not sure yet how critical this is for me.