Re: i830 DRM problems

From: Keenan Pepper
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 20:19:09 EST

Sorry about that, we start to talk about it in private with Dave.
But, I did not really it since Keenan Pepper told me it was due
to a bug in the XFree 4.3 driver.
I am now using Xorg and didn't see any DRM problem since.
However, I can't confirm that my bug was surely due to the XFree driver and not to the kernel driver since Xorg uses i915 instead of i830.
Keenan, do you have details ?

Yes, I talked to Alan Hourihane about it and he identified it as a memory allocation bug in the i810 X server driver. It's not related to DRI - it happens even with DRI turned off - so it wouldn't matter which DRM module is being used.