Re: i830 DRM problems

From: Brice Goglin
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 19:03:20 EST

Andrew Morton a écrit :
Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am experiencing problems with DRM on my Dell Optiplex GX260.
I am running a Debian Sarge with Vanilla Linux 2.6.11 and XFree 4.3.0.
This one appeared while playing crack-attack and lead to a crash
of the X server.

a) does it work with 2.6.10?
b) does it work if you turn off intelfb?

afacit we're still waiting for an answer from Brice on this one?

Sorry about that, we start to talk about it in private with Dave.
But, I did not really it since Keenan Pepper told me it was due
to a bug in the XFree 4.3 driver.
I am now using Xorg and didn't see any DRM problem since.
However, I can't confirm that my bug was surely due to the XFree driver and not to the kernel driver since Xorg uses i915 instead of i830.
Keenan, do you have details ?

I was also talking about a problem in intelfb on this box (i845G).
Basically, it works great during startup. But from what I remember, it
always crashes when switching from X to a text console.
I'll try to debug this one soon.

Brice