Re: 2.6.12-rc1 report

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 17:44:34 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

Usually I come looking for a bone when I post here, but today its with verbal flowers in hand.

I just built 2.6.12-rc1 and I'm pleased to report that the ieee1394 problems that required the bk-ieee1394.patch previously are apparently alleviated. Kino worked as expected, including the audio from the cameras microphones.

tvtime, with my pcHDTV-3000 card, had a miss-cue due to the wrong modprobe statement in my rc.local, so I cleaned out those modules that it had loaded, and reloaded them with the 'modprobe cx88_dvb' statement, which brought that up with working video but raw noise for audio at about +40db! Going into its menu's for tv standards I chose to 'restart with new values' without changing anything which restored the audio to normal. Thats happened before, and Jack tells me there will be another coding session this weekend so there will no doubt be more patches for that. This FWIW, was without actually installing either version of his drivers, so this is nice progress.

My scanner works normally. As does the spca5xx stuffs that I did install again after the boot.

What distro are you using with this? Before I report problems I want to eliminate distro errors of the type you describe.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)