Re: [linux-usb-devel] Problems with connect/disconnect cycles

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 15:41:13 EST

On Mon, 21 Mär 2005, Alan Stern wrote:
> > I found that my builtin sd card reader connected via USB port
> > experiences several connect/reconnect cycles every time I boot.
>
> > I guess that this should not be the expected behaviour. Now the question
> > is wether this is a problem with -mm or with usb stuff?
>
> You mean, a software problem or a hardware problem?

So I believe that this is a regression error in 2.6.11-mm something.

> One way to find out is to try going back to an earlier kernel. When you
> do, do these cycles continue to appear?

Good question. I have nothing older then 2.6.11-mm2 lying around. Can
you give me a hint on *where* I should start? Something like when there
was a great change in usb code incorporated into bk-usb and thus -mm?

I will try 2.6.10-mm3 where I have a home made .deb lying around and
will report back.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
sip:preining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +43 (0) 59966-690018