Unreliable TCP?

From: Ioan Ionita
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 22:01:02 EST

Hello. I apologize if this may sound stupid/unknowledgeable. I'm
currently fooling around with real time voice conferencing
applications which use the UDP protocol. However, certain firewalls
don't allow UDP traffic, therefore I tried UDP over TCP as a
workaround. This failed miserably, as the ACK aspect of TCP, which
delays everything when a packet is lost or received out of order makes
voice conferencing anything but real time. So I was wondering if
there's any way to disable the whole reliability checking of TCP in
the linux kernel. Maybe configure the kernel to never request the
retransmission of a packet, even if it detects packet loss/bad order?
Thanks :)