SMP boot failure, Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc1-V0.7.41-00

From: Cal
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 21:30:27 EST

Not subscribed, so please forgive the unthreaded post.

As per K.R. Foley's report, booting on SMP fails. I tried & failed to capture the boot messages via serial, so the best I can offer is a pic of what remained visible on screen at the death.
<http://www.graggrag.com/rt/rt-V0.7.41-00-20050320.jpg>
I suspect there was more prior to that, but so far that's the best I can offer.

Booting with maxcpus=1 didn't fail completely, but also suffered dramas. Loss of usb mouse was the most noticable. If that scenario might be interesting or helpful, I'll pursue it further.

cheers, Cal