Re: swsusp: Remove arch-specific references from generic code

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 16:31:05 EST

"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 16 of March 2005 01:12, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > This is fix for "swsusp_restore crap"-: we had some i386-specific code
> > referenced from generic code. This fixes it by inlining tlb_flush_all
> > into assembly.
> >
> > Please apply,
>
> Unfortunately, this patch requires the following fix. Without it, swsusp will
> leak lots of memory on every resume. Sorry for this bug, it was really dumb.

Just fyi, the only swsusp patches I currently have queued are

swsusp-add-missing-refrigerator-calls.patch
swsusp-suspend_pd_pages-fix.patch
suspend-to-ram-update-videotxt-with-more-systems.patch

I've been ducking all the "swsusp_restore crap" patches. Pavel, could you
please aggregate, test and resend everything when the dust has settled?