[RFC/Patch 0/12] ACPI based root bridge hot-add

From: Rajesh Shah
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 16:41:05 EST

Here is a series of patches to support ACPI hot-add of a root
bridge hierarchy. The added hierarchy may contain other p2p
bridges and end/leaf I/O devices too. The root bridge itself is
assumed to have been assigned resource ranges, but the p2p
bridges and end devices are not required to be initialized by
firmware. Most of the code changes are to make the existing code
flows suitable for such a hierarchy of bridges & devices.

This code supports hot-add on ia64 only for now.It does not yet
support I/O APIC hot-add, which is needed to make this fully
functional. The patches are against 2.6.11-mm4 (plus the patch
needed for ia64 to boot). I've tested to make sure this does not
break end/leaf device hotplug on the hotplug capable ia64 box I have.

Thanks,
Rajesh