Re: Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 09:51:50 EST

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 09:05:12PM +0100, Maximilian Engelhardt wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 22:20 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > Video issues with S3 resume
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > 2003-2005, Pavel Machek
> >

> Tried all this on my Laptop but nothing seems to work for me.
> I do "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" and the systems seems to go into S3.
> When I press some key to wake it up again it powers up but I get nothing
> than a black screen. It's not only the video card that's not working,
> because the only thing it reacts to is Sysrq (without screen of course).
> One additional thing I found is that in this state the HDD led keeps
> lighting all the time untill I reboot my system. After rebooting I
> couldn't find anything interesting in my logs.
>
> Is there any way I could get S3 working on my laptop?
>
> some data:
> Acer Travel Mate 661lci
> Gentoo Base System version 1.6.10
> kernel 2.6.11
>
> I did all this testing with a minimal kernel that only had the
> absolutely necessary drivers.

It happens exactly the same on my laptop, sony vaio whose configuration is

http://www.dea.icai.upco.es/romano/linux/vaio-conf/laptop-config.html

Next week is Easter holyday here, I will try to connect my Psion casio as
serial terminal and see if I can catch something.

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569