Re: [UART] 8250:RTS/CTS flow control issue.

From: moreau francis
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 04:34:42 EST

--- Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you want it to be immediate, then I'm afraid
> you're going to have a
> relatively hard time, with compatibility problems
> with various systems.
> You can't really dictate to people that they must
> turn off the FIFOs on
> their UARTs for your product to work. (Well, you
> can, but _you_ would
> have to support them.)

well, I don't specially wan't to be immediate.
My hardware has "auto flow control" and a 8 bytes
fifo...So *whatever* the trigger level is for RTS
(actually I can't tune it), I will overrun because
the end *driver*, which should be aware of the lack of
its "hw auto flow control", decides to fill up its tx
fifo to 8 bytes when transmiting...

One other solution may be to give the possibility of
the user to tune the size of tx fifo ?

thanks

Francis

Découvrez nos promotions exclusives "destination de la Tunisie, du Maroc, des Baléares et la Rép. Dominicaine sur Yahoo! Voyages :
http://fr.travel.yahoo.com/promotions/mar14.html